Located in Durrës, Albania, the Niko Dovana Stadium is a muti-used stadium with a capacity of 12,040, becoming the fifth largest ground in Albania. It is the home stadium of the Albanian Superliga club Klubi Futbollit Teuta Durrës that was founded in 1920. The club was one of founding members of the Albanian National Championship in 1930. It once got the runner-up of the 1931 National Championship, won the Albanian Superliga in 1994 and the Albanian Cup in 1994-95, 1999-00 and 2004-05 seasons. Besides, the club got the runner-up of Albanian Supercups three times. Teuta Durrës’s fans are known as Djemtë e Detit 1994 (Boys of the Sea). They support their favorite team wherever they are. You can see many fans in football shirts designed for the club at the home stadium if there are games being held.
Niko Dovana stadium was renamed in 1991 in memory of Niko Dovana, a former Teuta Durrës goalkeeper and a financier. He was the oldest of five children in his family and his father was a trader. Considered one of Teuta Durrës’s most important players and one of the best goalkeepers, Dovana helped the club reach the 1931 National Championship finals and remain in the top tier division throughout the 1930s. Although he lived in Milan, Italy after his retirement as an excellent trader, Dovana would travel to Albania when there were football matches being held.
Niko Dovana stadium hosted a friendly international match between Uzbekistan and Albania on 11 August 2010. In addition, it hosted 2 friendly matches of the Albania national team.